Kindly Sponsored by Nally Bros Ballymahon
First Prize €600, Second Prize €250, Third Prize €150
ADJUDICATOR: Eugene O’Connell
Please Read the Rules below before submitting your entry
Please Enter Your Name Below and proceed to payment
Your €10 entry fee will allow you to enter 3 poems
Postal Entries accompanied by fee can be sent to:
Mr. William Flanagan
Sec. Goldsmith Festival
Goldsmith Festival Poetry Competition 2024 Rules
- The competition opens on January 14, 2024. Final deadline for entries is midnight Sunday May 5th 2024.
- All poems must be in the English language.
- All poems must be the original work of the entrant and not previously published in any form, including appearing on the internet, self-published, broadcast or accepted for publication or appearing in a previous competition. Translations are not eligible.
- Poems must not exceed 70 lines.
- Entrants are free enter as many times as desired but each one entry is for three poems per €10 entry fee.
- Only one entry (3 poems) and one fee can be made at a time.
- Poems can only be submitted using the form provided or by post. Please do not upload or send pdf or word documents.
- The name of the entrant must NOT appear within the poem submission box or as part of the poems themselves or any identifier within the poem.
- All poems are judged anonymously and the judge will read all entries. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No amendments can be made to poems once they have been submitted and entries cannot be returned.
- Copyright will remain with the competitor, but the Goldsmith Festival Committee reserves the right to arrange publication on its website and/or in festival publications and/or to broadcast selected poems, as it sees fit.
- Prize winners will be informed a week in advance of the prizegiving and will be afforded the opportunity to read their winning poem at “Poetry at Pallas” on Sunday June 2nd.